Authentic holiday home in the Czech Republic
• Hiking and mountain-biking through the forests and meadows in the immediate surroundings of the Statek. There are a large number well marked trails for hikers and bikers available. In the house you will find various detailed maps (www.Broumov.net).
• Skiing and langlaufing on small descents/tracks close by (10 kilometres) or at the larger facilities in the Karkonosze Mountains.
• Cultural/historical trips. Bohemia (formerly known as Sudetenland) has a long history. In this area you will find reminders of the Habsburg empire, the 2nd World war as well as the communist rule until the end of the last century. The Polish city of Krakau (with the monument of the Auschwitz concentration camp) as it a 2,5 hour drive. The beautiful 14th century monastery of Broumov is definitely worth a visit.
• Various activities in the recently renovated centre Walzel (www.walzel.cz) in the city of Mezimesti . The centre contains a restaurant, bowling alley, fitness centre and shooting range.
• Fishing in one of the many ponds around the Statek.
• Ultra lighting from the small airport at Broumov.
• Golfing in the golfrange near Broumov (www.grosshof.cz).
• Mountain-climbing in the rock cities of Adrspach (www.adrspach.com) of Teplice.
• Surfing or boating in a large lake near Nachod.
• Dining. The region has many locations for lunch of dinner, varying from simple to more luxurious.
• Visiting the local brewery of Opat. In the Czech republic almost every major city boasts its own beer; so does Broumov, where ou can visit the Opat brewery (www.pivovarbrumov.cz).
The Dutch owners of the camping ”Aktief” in Vernerovice organize a lot of activities/excursions for their guests. The guests of the Statek are kindly invited to participate at these (www.aktief.cz). Check at the camp site for the programme.
The following are examples of possible activities.